As we slither into the Year of the Snake this Sunday, JFF will introduce this super combo recipe which includes fresh frog meat and Hashima. The clean & clear broth you get out of this recipe is surprisingly bursting with flavor!
This dish is not only fast and easy to cook, but it tastes so good! We would strongly recommend it even if u r an amateur in cooking. 🙂
We’ll take this chance to wish you all a very happy LUNAR NEW YEAR. May this year snakes along good health and happiness!!
2 young coconut, 3 frogs (each of 150g), some wolfberries, 50g lean pork, 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, 60g hashima (concentrated), some ginger, 200ml stock.
1. Rinse and cut the frog meat into pieces; Blanch in boiling water for 1 minute; Remove and drain.
2. Soak wolfberries and dried shiitake mushrooms in water till soft; Remove and drain. Dice.
4. Rinse lean pork; Blanch in boiling water for 10 seconds; Remove and immediately rinse in running water till cool; Drain; Dice.
5. Peel, rinse and slice ginger.
6. Make an opening on a coconut; Pour out the coconut juice; Rinse the coconut shells; Drain; Reserve the coconut juice for later use.
7. Arrange the frogs, lean pork and dried shiitake mushrooms in the coconut shells; Add the hashima and wolfberries; Pour in the coconut juice, top with chicken stock. Add ginger.
8. Arrange a steaming rack in a deep wok; Pour water into the wok. Arrange the coconut shell on the rack; Cover the wok with a lid; Steam over a high heat for 15 minutes; Steam over a low heat for 30 minutes. Ready to serve. Enjoy!