Yes, you read it right! Crocodile Meat is sold at the farm and is a meat well-known to the Chinese for treating Asthma and Cough!
Below is a recipe from Exotic Meats USA that we thought needs no ‘Iron-Chef’ to cook it well!
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried chives
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 Crocodile Tail Meat/Steak
1. Mix seasoning in a bowl and pour onto a plate.
2. Brush steaks with melted butter and lightly coat both sides of each steak with seasoning mix.
3. Place a dry, heavy cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Place steak in pan and sear for 2 minutes; turn, brush with remaining melted butter, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. And a pat on your back! Enjoy your meal!
The farm might just be trying out this recipe and improvising on it for an upcoming event next year! So stay tuned!
Should you have any recipes that you would like to share feel free to leave us comments so that we can all benefit from everyone!