Now, how is it possible to have a X’MAS that coexists with ECO-FRIENDLY? They are not really friends. But what can we do to defuse the tension in this over-consumerised period where wherever you go, you get BIG signs which shout at you “BUY BUY BUY!”.
Now Frogs are Green and they are a constant reminder to us on how we should practise 3Rs when making daily purchasing decisions.
Today, we will give u a recipe to reuse all the paper bags you have accumulated over this year or for many of you throughout many years! * Don’t try to kid yourself that it will come in handy on other days, because today is the day!*
Now say this pledge OUT LOUD:
I will NEVER buy another ream of wrapping paper FROM THIS MOMENT ON.
I hope you realize by now that we are quite serious at what we preach.
So once you have your paper bags ready, prepare a good pair of scissors, a glue stick, a loaded staple, scotch tape which we will try to use sparsely.
1. Tear out the handles glued to these paper bags. Keep it for other decorative uses later.
2. Now remove the cardboard which acts as a base for the paper bag.
3. Open up seams on the side and you will have a good size ‘wrapping paper’ ready for your action.
4. An act of professionalism: To trim away the torn edges.
5. You will notice that I have cut out the paper according to their design. Different sides could be used for presents of varying sizes.
6. Decorative: Now use the paper handle to tie into a bow or a heart shaped “paper clip”.
7. Xmas Card: Remember the cardboard base of the bags? Now unleash your creativity and use the remaining of the paper bags or some torn wrappers/ old magazines to decorate your Xmas card.
8. Remember to pass on this Message of spreading a GREEN HEART!
X’MAS CAN BEFRIEND ECO-FRIEND ONLY WHEN CELEBRATED WITH A LOVE FOR NATURE!