We have 2 lucky winners for our JFF Festive Hashima Hamper Lucky Draw from a 2 months promotion period 17/12/12-15/2/13. The winners have just been notified by a phone call and SMS. A big thank you to the other hundreds of customers who participated in this event!
The winners are,
1. Madm See Toh Siew Fong (Sxxxxx861H)
Dear JFF HASHIMA HAMPER winners, please collect your prize from 56 Lim Chu kang lane 6, on all weekends, 9am- 530pm between 2/2/13- 17/3/13. Please Bring your NRIC along for verification. Thank you!- JFF
As we slither into the Year of the Snake this Sunday, JFF will introduce this super combo recipe which includes fresh frog meat and Hashima. The clean & clear broth you get out of this recipe is surprisingly bursting with flavor!
This dish is not only fast and easy to cook, but it tastes so good! We would strongly recommend it even if u r an amateur in cooking. 🙂
We’ll take this chance to wish you all a very happy LUNAR NEW YEAR. May this year snakes along good health and happiness!!
2 young coconut, 3 frogs (each of 150g), some wolfberries, 50g lean pork, 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, 60g hashima (concentrated), some ginger, 200ml stock.
1. Rinse and cut the frog meat into pieces; Blanch in boiling water for 1 minute; Remove and drain.
2. Soak wolfberries and dried shiitake mushrooms in water till soft; Remove and drain. Dice.
4. Rinse lean pork; Blanch in boiling water for 10 seconds; Remove and immediately rinse in running water till cool; Drain; Dice.
5. Peel, rinse and slice ginger.
6. Make an opening on a coconut; Pour out the coconut juice; Rinse the coconut shells; Drain; Reserve the coconut juice for later use.
7. Arrange the frogs, lean pork and dried shiitake mushrooms in the coconut shells; Add the hashima and wolfberries; Pour in the coconut juice, top with chicken stock. Add ginger.
8. Arrange a steaming rack in a deep wok; Pour water into the wok. Arrange the coconut shell on the rack; Cover the wok with a lid; Steam over a high heat for 15 minutes; Steam over a low heat for 30 minutes. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Winnie is an undergrad from Massey University. She has undergone a 2 weeks attachment with us in the last 2 weeks of January. Lets’ see what she has got to say of her experience here!
‘Having been attached to this farm for 2 weeks, I learnt a lot about the production of the frog farm. I was able to gain a lot and develop new skills throughout my time here. I did things that I did not imagine I would do! This includes taking primary school students for the fun tours and the herpetology workshops, even though I started off with having absolutely no experience in this field.
It has been a really cool and enriching experience for me in these 2 weeks, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. It was especially fun together with the company of Bobby and Puppy! I am very grateful for Chelsea who has taught me so much and also for her patience and kindness, as well as her family and Deon for being so welcoming and friendly. Once again, I would like to thank Chelsea for giving me the opportunity to work here at Jurong Frog Farm.’